Newsletter Subscription

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review: Waterbased varnish from Pentart/ Lacul pe baza de apa Pentart

When I first started working with polymer clay I wanted something that would be easy to use on
Source: http://www.helidonis.gr/main/taxonomy/term/112
jewelry and dry relatively fast. Pentart varnish looked like it would be a great decision: it was water based so people who wore my jewelry wouldn't develop rashes (I've heard stories) and it had a pretty satin finish.So I said great and started using this to give my pieces a polished look.

Unfortunately this turned out to be a great disappointment. It does look pretty but after a few weeks my polymer clay pieces became extremely sticky and the varnish started peeling off.

I couldn't even use the matte varnish because it was too thick and made my pieces look really bad.

So, don't use it on polymer clay. 

Cand am inceput sa lucrez cu lut polimeric voiam ceva usor de folosit pe bijuterii care sa se usuce relativ repede. Lacul de la Pentart parea o decizie minunata: era pe baza de apa si cei care purtau bijuteriile mele nu ar fi avut alergii (am auzit niste povesti...) si avea si un finish satinat foarte dragut.

Din pacate s-a dovedit a fi o mare dezamagire. Arata dragut dar dupa cateva saptamani bijuteriile mele au devenit lipicioase si lacul a inceput sa se cojeasca. 

Lacul mat a fost si mai rau, nici n-am apucat sa-l folosesc deoarece era prea gros si imi facea piesele sa arate rau de tot.

Nu-l folositi pentru lut polimeric.

No comments:

Post a Comment